With Valentine’s Day round the corner, I thought I’d share my list of top foods to help get you in the mood for romance or intimacy.
I know you probably have a busy life, whether you're a stay-at-home mum or work for someone else or run your own business. And because of this busy-ness, it’s so easy for sex to be lower down on your to-do list!
But making time to eat the right nutrient-dense sexy foods might help you get more out of your bedtime.
1. Dark chocolate Enhances mood and leads to higher levels of desire and arousal. But avoid the cheap varieties which are often laden with sugar and artificial additives. Great on its own or drizzled over number 2.
2. Strawberries Packed full of vitamin C which may boost sex drive. Apart from being teamed up with chocolate they can be added to make smoothies more luscious and salads more enticing.
3. Avocados Great for hormonal function and sexual vitality, they can easily be used to make pestos or dips. Or even a raw chocolate mousse!
4. Almonds Packed full of essential vitamins and minerals that help increase libido; enjoy on their own or use as a base in chocolate bliss balls.
5. Figs These have long been thought of as an erotic fruit. Their nutrients are linked to helping with the sex hormones and increasing libido. Great in raw chocolate brownies or on their own, drizzled with chocolate of course!
6. Asparagus Deemed helpful for supporting the liver with a knock-on effect of regulating hormones. Love them raw in a salad or with a dip or lightly grill them on the bbq.
7. Broccoli Packed full of nutrients to help give your whole body a boost. Team with a garlic dressing to give it a bit more zing.
8. Sesame seeds Another great source of fertility-boosting nutrients. Can be added to raw slices or whizzed in a blender with olive oil and vinegar to make a dressing for your veggies.
9. Garlic You’d think that its strong odour and flavour might actually be a deterrent to all things in the bedroom, but it’s a powerhouse of nutrition that should be in every woman’s diet, regularly. Easy to add to pesto, dips and dressings.
10. Oysters Not for me I must admit, but their high zinc content may help to get you in the mood!