Why is it that when you have the munchies it's so hard to find something that's satisfying AND healthy?
These gluten and dairy free muffins tick both of those boxes.
You've gotta love a muffin; they're easy to make and no one gets too hung up about their looks!
Perfect for a morning-tea treat and they keep quite well in the freezer for those little emergencies!
Ingredients (for 8 muffins)
- 1/3 cup self-raising gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1 tsp gluten-free baking powder
- ¼ cup desiccated coconut
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- ½ cup rice milk (or regular milk)
- 1 heaped tbsp. honey
- ½ cup frozen blueberries or chopped apple or pear
- Combine the flours and stir through the baking powder.
- Add the desiccated coconut.
- Combine the egg, oil and milk with the honey
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and combine
- Add the fruit
- Fill the 8 patty-pans with the mixture
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 25 minutes until slightly golden
- Cool on a rack