You've probably heard of the saying "You are what you eat" and this is so true when trying for a baby.
So I thought I'd share with you 5 top foods to boost your fertility:
1. Green veggies such as spinach, asparagus and broccoli as they are rich in folate which is really important for genes, sperm production and healthy ovulation. Simply have a mixed green salad or steamed veggies with your lunch or dinner.
2. Berries are a great source of antioxidants to help lessen the effects of damage to all of your cells, and that includes your eggs and his sperm. Have a berry smoothie for breakfast or a handful of strawberries for your morning snack.
3. Pumpkin seeds/pepitas contain zinc which is really important for sperm count, which seems to be on the decline these days and for hormone production. Make a trail mix with pepitas, sunflower seeds, raw cashew nuts, almonds and macadamias to see you through the afternoon.
4. Oily fish such as salmon and sardines, especially wild, are a good source of omega-3s which are needed for healthy sperm and for ovulation. Lightly bake some salmon topped with a green pesto for dinner.
5. Papaya/Paw-paw are 1 of the highest vitamin C foods, although oranges are usually people's first thought. This vitamin is really important for sperm motility and maturation of the egg. Papaya also contains great digestive enzymes, so save some to have after your dinner.